The 120B Series Industrial ScopeMeter test tools include innovative functions designed to help technicians troubleshoot faster and get the answers they need to keep their systems up and running. Display waveforms with Connect-and-View™ trigger and setup technology and automatically view related numerical measurements using Fluke IntellaSet™ technology, all without making manual measurement adjustments. With Recorder Event Detect capabilities, elusive intermittent events are captured and logged for easy viewing and analysis.
- Dual-input digital oscilloscope and multimeter
- 40 MHz or 20 MHz oscilloscope bandwidth
- Two 5,000-count true-rms digital multimeters
- Connect-and-View™ trigger simplicity for hands-off operation
- IntellaSet™ technology automatically and intelligently adjusts numerical readout based on the measured signal
- Dual-input waveform and meter reading recorder for trending data over extended periods
- Recorder Event Detect captures elusive intermittent signals on repetitive waveforms up to 4 kHz
- Shielded test leads for oscilloscope, resistance and continuity measurements
- Resistance, continuity, diode and capacitance meter measurements
- Power measurements (W, VA, VAR, PF, DPF, Hz)
- Voltage, current and power harmonics
- Check Industrial networks with BusHealth physical layer tests against defined reference levels
- Save or recall data and instrument setups
- Store instrument setups defined by a test sequence for routine maintenance or most often used test procedures.
- External optically isolated USB interface to transfer, archive and analyze scope or meter data
- Optional WiFi adapter connected to internal USB port to wirelessly transfer information to the PC, laptop or Fluke Connect® mobile app*
- FlukeView® ScopeMeter® Software for Windows®
- Rugged design to withstand 3g Vibration, 30g shock, and rated IP51 according to EN/IEC60529
- Highest safety rating in the industry: safety rated for CAT IV 600 V
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery, seven-hours operation (with four-hour charge time)
*Not all models are available in all countries. Check with your local Fluke representative.
Connect-and-View™ triggering for an instant, stable display
Oscilloscope users know how difficult triggering can be. Using the wrong settings can lead to unstable waveform captures, and sometimes the wrong measurement data. Fluke’s unique Connect-and-View™ triggering technology recognizes signal patterns, and automatically sets up the correct triggering to provide a stable, reliable and repeatable display. Connect-and-View™ triggering is designed to work with virtually any signal, including motor drives and control signals – without adjusting parameters, or even touching a button. Signal changes are instantly recognized and settings are automatically adjusted, providing a stable display even when measuring multiple test points in quick succession.
The Auto Readings function with Fluke IntellaSet™ technology uses proprietary algorithms to intelligently analyze the measured waveform and automatically displays the most appropriate numerical measurements on screen, so you can get the data you need easier than ever before. As an example, when the measured waveform is a line voltage signal, the Vrms and Hz readings are automatically displayed, whereas if the measured waveform is a square wave, the Vpeak-peak and Hz readings are automatically displayed. Using IntellaSet™ technology in conjunction with Connect-and-View™ automatic triggering you can be sure you’re seeing not only the correct waveform, but the appropriate numerical reading as well. All without touching a button.
Fluke Connect-and-View™ triggering with IntellaSet™ technology gives you quick access to the data you need.
Industrial equipment needs a reliable power supply to operate properly, use the dual input to obtain key power measurements.
For single phase or 3-phase balanced systems, the dual inputs of the Industrial ScopeMeter® 120B Series can measure ac+dc rms voltage on channel A and ac+dc rms current on channel B. The Fluke 125B can then calculate; frequency, phase angle, active power (kW), reactive power (VA or var), power factor (PF) or displacement power factor (DPF) and can also calculate the power values for a 3-phase system where all phases have equal voltage and currents. This applies to both balanced system and resistive loads.
Easily obtain key power characteristics to validate a system power.
Harmonics are periodic distortions of voltage, current, or power sine waves. Harmonics in power distribution systems are often caused by non-linear loads such as switched mode dc power supplies and adjustable speed motor drives. Harmonics can cause transformers, conductors, and motors to overheat. In the Harmonics function, the Test Tool measures harmonics to the 51st. Related data such as dc components, THD (Total Harmonic Distortion), and K factor are measured to provide a complete insight in to the electrical state of health of your loads.
Harmonic spectrum overview with cursors to measure the distortion as a percentage of the fundamental.
Use the comprehensive recorder modes to help find intermittent faults with ease
The toughest faults to find are those that happen only once in a while – intermittent events. They can be caused by bad connections, dust, dirt, corrosion or simply broken wiring or connectors. Other factors, like line outages and sags or the starting and stopping of a motor, can also cause intermittent events resulting in equipment shutdowns. When these events happen, you may not be around to see it. But, your Fluke ScopeMeter® Test Tool will. You can either plot the minimum and maximum peak measurement values or record the waveform trace. And, with expandable micro SD memory, recording sessions can be done for up to 14 days. This recorder is even more powerful with the addition of Recorder Event Detect, which makes detecting and logging intermittent faults easier than ever. Just set a threshold on a meter reading or scope trace and deviations are tagged as unique events. You no longer need to search through masses of data to pinpoint faults, and can quickly step from one tagged event to the next, while still having access to the full data set.
Quickly step through recorded events to identify and troubleshoot intermittent faults.
Industrial BusHealth Test verifies electrical signal quality on industrial buses
BusHealth Test analyzes the electrical signals on the industrial bus or network and gives a clear ‘Good, ‘Weak or ‘Bad indication mark for each of the relevant parameters, presented next to the actual measurement value. Measured values are compared to standard values based on the selected bus types (CAN-bus, Profi-bus, Foundation Field, RS-232 and many more), or, unique reference values can be set if different tolerances are required. The Fluke 125B can validate the quality of the electrical signals as soon as they are passed along the network, without looking at the data content. Additionally, the 125B checks the signal levels and speed, transition times and distortion, and compares these to the appropriate standards to help you find errors such as improper cable connections, bad contacts, incorrect grounding or improper terminators.
Quickly understand industrial field bus signal physical layer analog characteristics.
One test lead to measure multiple electrical parameters
High frequency waveform, meter, capacitance and resistance measurements as well as continuity checks are all covered by single set of shielded test leads. No time is wasted finding or swapping leads.
A single test tool measures volts, ohms, amps or capacitance, in addition to displaying waveforms.
FlukeView® ScopeMeter® Software for Windows®
Get more out of your ScopeMeter 120B with FlukeView® Software:
- Store instrument’s screen copies on the PC, in color
- Copy screen images into your reports and documentation
- Capture and store waveform data from your ScopeMeter test tool on your PC
- Create and archive waveform references for easy comparison
- Copy waveform data into your spreadsheet for detailed analysis
- Use cursors for parameter measurement
- Add user text to instrument setups and send them to the instrument for operator reference and instructions
Note: Some functionality may be available with specific ScopeMeter test tool models only
Fluke Connect mobile app compatibility
Automated industrial machinery is harder than ever to trouble shoot. It’s not enough to just know where you have to test, you also have to know what to look for – and that can be hard without baseline measurement data or access to subject matter experts. The Fluke Connect® Assets wireless system of software and wireless test tools enables technicians to reduce maintenance costs and increase uptime with accurate equipment records and maintenance data that is easy to interpret, and share. Compare and contrast test point measurement data and trends so you can better understand signal characteristics and changes over time. And, by storing maintenance data on the Fluke Cloud™ you can enable team members to access it from wherever and whenever they need to so you can get advice or approvals in the field and get your systems up and running faster than ever before.
Product Comparison Chart
Full Function Dual Input Scope and Meter
Oscilloscope Bandwidth MHz