JM Test Systems is an authorized stocking distributor of Salisbury and Hastings electrical hot sticks. Beyond your initial equipment purchase, JM can repair, test and certify your hot sticks inventory.
Hot Sticks by Salisbury and Hastings
Hot sticks, also known as electrical sticks, feature a high quality, foam filled, fiberglass reinforced plastic tube providing maximum insulation and mechanical strength. They are lightweight and easy to handle.
Clamp Sticks comply with ATSM F711 standards
- Tough Thermoplastic head ferrule
- EZ Grip non-conductive plastic hand grip
- Wide opening 15/16″ stainless steel hook
- Heavy Duty rubber end caps
- Available from 4′ 8″ to 14′ 8″ long
Switch Sticks & Universal Sticks
- With permanently mounted bronze head
- With permanently mounted aluminum universal head
- With permanently mounted fiberglass prongs
Buy or Rent Hot Sticks, Rescue Hooks, Shotgun Hot Sticks, Static Discharge, Telescopic Hot Sticks, and Accessories
Hot Sticks and Power Line Tools Testing and Repair
Full reconditioning of extension hot sticks, single sticks, shotguns, and utility switch sticks. JM Test’s electrical lab services for linemen, utility worker, and contractor equipment help avoid safety hazards.
Hot Stick Cleaning
OSHA regulations 1910.269(j)(2)(i) “Condition of tools” states: “Each liveline tool shall be wiped clean and visually inspected for defects before use each day“. Having your sticks cleaned is essential when it comes to your safety. Your equipment will need to be cleaned so that the surface condition has had all contaminants removed before testing. The contamination on a hot stick surface comes from many different sources, such as:
1. Carbon tracking and marks from conductor
2. Rain, wind, snow, and other weather
3. Daily dirt and greases from storage
Dielectric testing and certified to meet ASTM standards
- Testing your hot line tools is required to keep in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Hot sticks recommended testing time is every 12 months.
- JM Test Systems provides original certified test reports delivered with equipment.
- Hot sticks are tested to ASTM/ANSI D711 Standards.
- JM will test and tag each individual piece of equipment with ID numbers.
Hot stick visual inspection
- Sticks must be visually inspected and cleaned daily before use.
- Items must be stored properly by avoiding folding, excessive heat, sunlight, humidity, ozone, and any chemical or substance that could damage the item.
- Hot tools should be transported in special storage compartments or bags.
- Objectives of the visual inspection process are to identify any obvious damage
- Must check for defects before use.
Re-glazing of hot sticks
- Save up to 50% on the cost of new equipment by letting us repair and refinish your fiberglass tools.
- Cuts and scratches on fiberglass tools could allow water to get in resulting in conductivity.
- If sticks are not maintained with wax the outcome could be fatal
- Let us bring your equipment back to a “like new” condition
- Allowing us to services your equipment regularly could result in extending the life of your hot sticks
and more importantly keep you safer.
Temporary hot arm extensions testing and rework.
- Cleaning, Dielectric test, and Visual Inspection
- Wax and refinishing
- Replacement parts in stock such as eye bolts and nuts, conductor holders.
- OSHA mandates arms must be tested and have a solid unicellular foam core.
- Pick up and delivery services available.
- Let us rework your fiberglass extension arms to keep you in compliance and keep you safe.
Hot sticks surplus and accessories
JM Test Systems carries a complete line of tools and attachments for virtually any application, from pruning to cleaning to sawing is available.
You can save money by utilizing surplus parts in stock.
Get a Quote on Hot Sticks
Use this form to submit your hot sticks list for a quick quote on a new purchase, rental, inspection, & repair.