Product Overview: Starrett 124AZ, 2-8” Range, .001” Grad, 6 Rods, One 1/2” Head, Case Solid-Rod Inside Micrometer
- Measuring rods are solid and assembled on one side of the micrometer head
- Rods are insulated
- Each rod marked with length
- Hardened and ground anvils on rods, adjustable for length. Head anvil is hardened and ground
- Quick-reading figures – every thousandth numbered on inch reading tools
- Rod diameters are approximately 1/4” (6mm)
Each rod has individual length adjustment for the anvil by means of special wrenches furnished.
- A 6 1/2” (165mm) long convenient handle is available to provide reach for use in deep holes. Handle screws into the micrometer head in place of the dummy screw, which is opposite a rod lock screw
The desired range is obtained by assembling rods and spacing gages to the micrometer head. Measuring rods are provided with a shoulder that is set accurately in the micrometer head and locked in position. When assembling rods to the A and B heads, the reading line on the micrometer head should be lined up with the marking on each rod (except for the 2-3” and the 50-75mm rods).