Product Overview: High Voltage VLF-6022CM 62kV @ 5.5µF Very Low Frequency AC Hipot Tester
High Voltage VLF-6022CM has a 62 kV AC peak output suitable for testing cables rated up to 35 kV. Its high load capacity can test up to over 10 miles (16 km) of cable, depending on type. This model includes: a charging current and load capacitance meter, test timer, and polarity indicating lights. The two-piece construction facilitates easy transport and storage.
NOW OFFERING DAILY RENTAL RATES ON THIS ITEM! CALL TODAY!
High Voltage VLF-6022CM Features:
- Easy to use
- 60 kVac peak output makes this model suitable for testing cables rated up to 35 kV
- High load capacity enables it to test up to approximately 10 miles of cable, depending on type
- Model includes a charging current and load capacitance meter, test dwell timer, and polarity indicating lights
- AC output tester with very low alternating current and polarity reversals every half cycle
- Due to the low output it takes 600 times less current and power to apply an AC voltage to a capacitive load
- Used to provide a go/no-go, or pass/fail, voltage withstand test
- Can also be used as the voltage source for diagnostic cable testing
High Voltage VLF-6022CM Specs:
- 120 volts, 60 Hz, 15 A peak, 7.5 A average
- (F) 230 volts, 50/60 Hz, 8A peak, 4A average (F suffix)
- Output: 0 – 60 kVac peak, 0.1/0.05/0.02 Hz, sinusoidal
- Duty: Continuous
- Load Rating:
- 1.1 µF @ 0.1 Hz
- 2.2 µF @ 0.05 Hz
- 5.5 µF @ 0.02 Hz
- Voltmeter: 0-60 kVac peak
- Charging Current meter: 0 – 100 mA peak
- Load capacitance meter: 0 – 6 Microfarads
- HV Cable Output:
- Shielded RG/8U output cable – 20 ft. (6m)
- Interconnect cable – 10 ft. (3m)
- Size & Weight:
- Controls: 26” w x 13” d x 16” h, 75 lbs.
- HV Tank: 15” w x 10.25” d x 21.5” h, 100 lbs.
See more Hipots here.