Product Overview: High Voltage PFT-503CM 50k Vac @ 3kVA Portable AC Hipot Tester
High Voltage PFT-503CM 50k Vac @ 3kVA Portable AC Hipot Tester
NOW OFFERING DAILY RENTAL RATES ON THIS ITEM! CALL TODAY!
The PFT-503CM and PFT-503CMF are from our popular PFT Series of field portable AC hipot test sets. These hipots provide continuously adjustable AC voltage used for a pass/fail, AC over-voltage withstand test on high voltage apparatus, like switchgear, circuit breakers, reclosers, vacuum bottles, hot sticks, bus duct, and any other apparatus needing an AC test voltage. The PFT Series offers the most field portable, affordable, and easiest to operate AC hipots at this voltage and power. A gapped core transformer for up to 3 kVA of output power with the draw of only 1.5 kVA so the hipot can be powered by a standard 120Vac or 230Vac input. Equipped with a two-range voltmeter, three-range current meter and guard circuit for precise leakage current measurements. For bench-top requirements see the ABT Series. Testing loads that require higher power, see our ALT, FPA, HPA and PAR lines of AC dielectric test sets.
High Voltage PFT-503CM Features:
- Ideal for testing many types of substation apparatus, motors/generators, isophase bus, and other loads requiring an AC withstand test
- Capacitive load compensation enabling full load testing with a power draw of 1.5 kVA while operating from a conventional line input
- Dual range kilovoltmeter and triple range ouput current meter
- Continuously adjustable output voltage control
- External safety interlock
- Zero start safety interlock
- Self resetting over current protection
- Guard/ground return mode
- HV on/off and main power pushbuttons
- Ruggedized meters with glass windows that eliminate static buildup
High Voltage PFT-503CM Specs:
- 120 V, 60 Hz, 15 amps
- 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 8 amps (F)
- HV output: 0-50 kVac, 1 kVA resistive load: 20mA, 3kVA capacitive load: up to 60 mA @ 50 kV with tuned load, output current is reduced at lower voltages
- 3 kVA: 1 hour ON, 1 hour OFF
- 1.5 kVA continuous
- Distortion: <5%
- Meter accuracy: 2% F.S.
- Kilovoltmeter: 3.5”, Scaled 0-25/50 kVac
- Current meter: 3.5”, Scaled 0-1.0 mAac, with range multipliers of x1, x10, x100, Guard/Ground Load Return
- Case dimensions: 21” w x 11.25” d x 15.25” h
- Weight: 75 lbs.
- Output termination: 20 ft. shielded EPR output cable with alligator clamp. EPR cable stays flexible in cold weather
- * Options: Upgrade to include a fault burning circuit