Product Overview: The Modal Shop 9200D Low Frequency Portable Shaker Table
Confirm Vibration Alarms for Critical Slow Speed Machinery
The Modal Shop’s Model 9200D Low Frequency Portable Shaker Table is the world’s first and only ISO 17025-accredited, NIST-traceable portable shaker table designed for verifying critical vibration instrumentation used to protect slow speed rotating equipment.
The 9200D’s rugged design and payload capability simulates vibration at speeds as low as 42 CPM (0.7 Hz) and supports field testing of:
- Industrial, seismic and high temp charge output accelerometers
- 4-20 mA loop velocity vibration transmitters
- Eddy current probes (proximity probes)
- Moving coil vibration sensors
- Condition monitoring system, process control, DCS and SCADA
- Portable vibration meters and analyzers
- Cost Savings – With no moving parts, piezoelectric instrumentation and proximity probes can generate reliable output for years. Too often these sensors are deemed disposable, tossed away and replaced on an annual basis. Save the maintenance budget–validate old sensors instead of throwing them away.
- Promote Safety – Catastrophic machinery failures have dangerous consequences. The vibration protection system is often the last line of defense. Simulating vibration faults and testing the system ensures your teammates are safe on the job.
- Reduce Downtime – Machinery failure without warning becomes a thing of the past with a field tested vibration protection system.
- Improve Personnel Efficiency – Stop “chasing ghosts.” Checking nuisance vibration trips with a portable shaker table identifies cabling faults, scaling errors, programming errors and sensor sensitivity shift allowing analysts to focus the real goal: uptime.
- Strengthen Departmental Relationships & Confidence – Often false vibration alarm trips are just as costly as late trips. The Operations Department scoffs as Reliability struggles to explain the shutdown to management. Confidence in the system erodes quickly, which costs time and money. Field verification promotes confidence and uncovers system errors.
- Reduced Business Interruption Insurance Risk – Calibration and confirmation of alarms in the vibration protection system is part of the recommended best practices issued by risk engineers representing the world’s primary insurance underwriters. Checks, certifications, and audits of the condition monitoring system – like a well maintained fire protection system – make the plant more desirable in a potentially hard insurance market.
- Peace of Mind – The calibrator is a low cost insurance policy against vibration protection system failure. When that $1 million asset begins to fail, will you get a critical text to your cell phone from the monitoring system? Simulating vibration faults at various running speeds allows reliability managers to ensure they will.
- The best low frequency (slow speed) performance of any portable shaker table
- Up to 800 gram payload supports testing of heavy industrial sensors used in applications such as hydropower
- Optional Eddy current probe (proximity probe) mounting kit
- Acceleration, velocity and displacement scales in metric and English units
- Up to 14 hour battery life
- Pelican® Storm case and armature lock provide superior durability
- Closed loop control reduces calibration time