Product Overview: Megger DET24C Earth/Ground Clamp-on Resistance Tester with IrDA to USB Interface
The Megger DET24C (1007-331) Digital Clamp-On Ground Resistance Tester induces a test current into earth systems and measures ground resistance in multi-ground installations without needing to disconnect the ground. It offers market leading access, advanced features, simple operation and CAT IV 600V safety protection.
The tester is designed with a flat core end that prevents dirt build up, while also ensuring measurement integrity and improved reliability with interlocking teeth. Other enhancements over current generation products include improved accuracy and up to 300% increase in battery life. In electrically noisy environments, the built-in filter function offers increased noise immunity.
The DET24C also offers a true RMS AC current measurement facility up to 35 Amps. The instrument’s ability to measure current flowing in an earth cable is a useful safety feature, especially if the earth cable has to be disconnected. A high current flow to earth could draw an arc on dis-connection with potentially severe consequences.
The elliptical shaped head design offers improved access to cables and earth straps in space constrained locations. The clamp head accommodates up to 37 mm diameter cable and 50 mm earth tapes, making the tester suitable for use in power stations, substations, towers and many more facilities. Operation in dark and restricted areas is facilitated by a display with backlight and an audible tone associated with the hold key. The optimized jaw opening mechanism ensures proper jaw closure without excessive use of force when opening the jaws.
The DET24C offers storage of results for later on-screen recall while also supporting a download of results via Bluetooth into PowerDB and PowerDB Lite, Megger’s acceptance and maintenance test data management software. Stored data is indexed using a sequential serial number together with a time and date stamp for each record.
- 39 x 55 mm elliptical head
- Low maintenance flat jaw design
- Ground resistance range 0.05 Ω – 1500 Ω
- AC current range 0.2 mA to 35A rms
- 24 hour battery life based on continuous test at 25Ω, no backlight
- CAT IV 600V safety rating
- Backlight display
- IrDA to USB interface for download
- Data Logging – 2000 records (256 for DET14C)
- Megger PowerDB/PowerDB LiteTM compatible
- Carrying case (2001-370)
- Carrying strap – wrist loop (2001-054)
- User guide CD-ROM (1001-198)
- Calibration check accessory (1001-199)
- USB IrDA dongle (90001-434)
- USB extension lead (90001-435)
- PowerDB Lite software (2000-330)
See more Ground Resistance Testers here.