Product Overview: Greenlee Hydraulic Crimper, 60 Ton RK6040
Greenlee Hydraulic Crimper, 60 Ton RK6040
Designed for crimping large cables, the Greenlee RK6040 accepts Burndy L and Alcoa 6000 Series crimping dies for copper and aluminum cables up to 2000 KCMIL.
This single action press delivers up to 60 tons for crimping force with a maximum operating pressure of 10,000 psi.
Includes: EP-60D press, standing bracket, and metal carry case, weight: 47 lbs.
- Ideal tool for use in substation and transmission construction
- Accepts Burndy L dies and Alcoa 6000 Series crimping dies
- After completing a connection, the top of the head easily swivels 90° and can be lifted from the tool to remove the connector
- Removing the tool from the stand exposes a lifting eye for when the tool must be used above ground level
- RK6040 requires 10,000 psi (700 bar) single-acting hydraulic power source
- DK6040 requires 10,000 psi (700 bar) double-acting hydraulic power source
- Equipped with 3/8 IN screw type hydraulic couplers
- Includes steel carrying case with storage space for dies
Greenlee Hydraulic Crimper Specifications
|Application||For Use In Substation And Transmission Construction|
|Capacity||300 -2000 KCMIL Copper Stranded Code Cable, 250 – 2000 KCMIL Aluminum Stranded Code Cable, 1/0 AWG – 1000 KCMIL Copper Tension Sleeves, 1/0 AWG – 2300 KCMIL Aluminum Tension Sleeves, 1/0 AWG – 2156 (Bluebird) KCMIL ACSR Tension Sleeves, 4/0 AWG – 2500 KCM|
|Crimping Force||120000.000 LB (530.000 KN) At 10000 PSI|
|Height||17.000 IN (432.000 MM)|
|Includes||Steel Carrying Case With Storage Space For Dies|
|Oil Volume Required||0.75 PT (312 CC)|
|Operating Pressure||10000 PSI (700 BAR)|
|Weight||45.000 LB (20.000 KG)|
|Width||6.000 IN (153.000 MM)|