EQUIPMENT RENTAL AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CUSTOMER IS BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AS FOLLOWS:
• A monthly rental term consists of a 28 day cycle. A weekly rental term consists of a 7 day cycle. Daily rentals are explained below.
• The rental term is specified at the time of order placement and commences upon shipment of the equipment and shall continue until the equipment is received at JM Test Systems, Inc., unless renter takes advantage of the Early Bird Off- Rent Option (see below for “Early Bird Off- Rent”). For equipment picked up by the renter, the rental term will commence the day that the equipment is picked up and shall continue until the equipment is received at JM Test Systems, Inc., unless renter takes advantage of the Early Bird Off- Rent Option.
• Extensions of the specified term are automatic and will take place 21 days after the due date of the rental.
• Upon acceptance of the rental quote and term, early returns and pro-rated rates will not be given.
• Rental cycles are counted in a consecutive format of Sunday thru Saturday.
• Rental term applies as stated above whether or not such period is covered under the renter’s purchase order.
• Daily rentals: Will be billed upon return of equipment or 7 days after receipt, whichever is sooner. These are based on a 20 day rental cycle – giving the renter 8 days free. These rentals do not qualify for the Early Bird Off-Rent option and are only applicable for items offered on daily terms.
• The rental rates identified on the quote page of this agreement shall apply for the full rental term.
• These prices supersede all previously published prices and are subject to adjustment without notice.
• Renter acknowledges and accepts that the equipment being rented is USED and is rented strictly on an AS IS basis.
• Unless renter notifies JM Test Systems, Inc within three (3) business days of receipt, in writing, it is presumed that the equipment was received in good working condition along with receipt of the accessories and shipping crate, if applicable, in good working condition.
• Renter agrees that the equipment, along with its accessories, shall be returned in the same working condition as they were received. Failure to return any of the above will result in charges for the replacement cost to be determined by JM Test Systems, Inc.
Shipping and Delivery:
• The renter is responsible for the cost of both outgoing and incoming shipping and handling. A return shipping label can be provided if requested. If the return label is used, charges will follow.
• Tracking information can be provided to the renter the day the equipment leaves JM Test Systems, Inc. or will be provided on the renter’s invoice the following business day.
• JM Test Systems, Inc. must be notified within twenty-four (24) hours of any lost or damaged equipment by the carrier.
• JM Test Systems, Inc shall not be liable for transportation delays.
• The renter is responsible for loss or damage to the equipment, accessories and shipping crate, if applicable, from receipt until it is received on return by JM Test Systems, Inc.
• In the event that the equipment, accessories and shipping crate, if applicable, is lost, damaged or stolen, the renter understands that they are required to repair or replace at his expense the full fair market price as determined by JM Test Systems, Inc.
• The renter shall provide any insurance coverage for the rented equipment, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
• The renter is responsible for notifying JM Test Systems, Inc. of any hazardous materials that the equipment may have come in contact with and they are required to supply any necessary MSDS for those hazardous materials.
• Fiber Optic Equipment: The renter is responsible for damage to Fiber Equipment caused by insufficient cleaning and/or improper use of equipment. Charges for damage will be the responsibility of the customer at fair market value as determined by JM Test Systems, Inc.
Taxes, Fees, and Etc.:
• Renter shall pay all taxes, fees, licenses, charges and other assessments relating to the equipment and/or its use under this agreement.
• Renter shall be in default under this agreement if any of the following occur: a. Failure to pay rental or other amount when and as due under this agreement; b. Any equipment or part thereof is damaged and not promptly repaired/replaced; c. Renter files for or has filed against it any type of bankruptcy, enters into a general assignment for the benefit of creditors and/or; d. Renter breaches any term or condition of this agreement.
• Payment terms are established at the time of account setup. Standard payment terms are Net 30 from invoice date.
• JM Test Systems, Inc. may declare the renter in default if any invoice is outstanding after a period of 60 days from account terms and may pursue collections proceedings at the cost of the renter.
Early Bird Off- Rent:
• Renter may contact JM Test Systems, Inc. to off rent the equipment once it is ready for return.
• Once this option is applied, the renter shall return the equipment to JM Test Systems, Inc. within 5 days.
• Failure to return the equipment in the allotted time will result in accrual of rental charges until the equipment is received at JM Test Systems, Inc facility.
• The Early Bird Off- Rent Option is subject to the type of the equipment being rented and is not applicable to any equipment that is acquired through another rental company nor any item rented on daily terms.
• All equipment shall be provided to the renter with current calibration certification.
• JM Test Systems, Inc. shall provide all calibration during the rental term. The renter will be responsible for contacting JM Test Systems, Inc. before any remedial action is taken or before shipment is made to JM Test Systems, Inc.
• Routine maintenance shall be the responsibility of JM Test Systems, Inc. upon inspection of the equipment before it leaves the facility. It is the renter’s responsibility to properly keep equipment clean and free of possible contamination upon return of the equipment.
• Fiber Optic Equipment: The renter is responsible for proper cleaning of Fiber Equipment including; but not limited to connectors, ports, fiber end-faces inside ports or equipment, launch cables, fusion splicers. Dust caps must be kept on connectors, bulkhead splices, patch panels, etc. that will make connection. Connectors must be cleaned before mating. Exposed fiber and/or fiber ports or connectors should be cleaned before each use. Do not use Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning.
Baton Rouge Rental Personnel: Inside Rental/Sales: 225.925.2029 ext. 3935 and/or ext. 3016 Coordinator/Off- Rent: 225.925.2029 ext. 3092 and/or [email protected] Billing: 225.925.2029 ext. 3087 and/or ext. 3916