Electrical Test Bench
& Motor Test Bench
Imagine having access to all of your electrical testing equipment or accessories in one central location. Testing your motors and electrical equipment can help prevent critical failure and downtime. Customize your electrical test bench to your company’s specifications. See all of our other custom test bench options.
Pretest your motors • Validate 3rd party tests • Design with your I&E shop
- Run in motors prior to installation
- Variable Speed Motors
- Voltage Measurement
- Resistance Measurement
- Current Measurement
- Ground Faults
- Extension Cords
- Motor Starters
- Power Tools, Extension cords
Electrical Test Bench Photo Gallery:
Electrical Workbench Benefits:
- Saves you time! Allows users to test motors–new or rebuilt, prior to scheduling multiple departments to install them.
- Central place for quarterly electrical tool testing.
- Prevents safety hazards by performing motor checks prior to climbing scaffolding or going into a hazardous location.
- All instruments on the electrical test bench are calibrated and located in one place.
- Controlled environment for performing testing of all safety and critical electrical equipment.
- Impress auditors, visitors or possible customers at your shop by having a central location for calibration.
- Improves overall shop cleanliness, organization and presentation.
- Allows for accountability of test equipment by being mounted in panel. Your equipment cannot easily be removed.
Electrical & Motor Maintenance Test Bench – Function Capabilities
1) 240V – 600V 1P ~ 3P IEC & NEMA Motor Starter: IEC or NEMA sizes. Max voltage ranges: 0-240V 1P L-L & 0-600V 3P L-L-L. Max amperage ranges: 0-200A. Max horsepower ranges: 0-200HP. Panel-mounted NEMA-rated enclosure includes four panel mounted cam-lok receptacles (two or three lines, neutral & ground), adjustable overload relay, main power switch, jog/run switch, start button, stop button, emergency stop button, run light, 2 or 3 phase digital power analyzer. (Remote start/stop option). Accessories include alligator clamp test leads for cam-lok receptacles
(2) Variable DC Power Supply: 30VDC/ 5A single variable output. Features include low output noise (1 mVrms), over voltage and over current protection, LCD display with backlight, standby output for safety, save-and-recall function up to three memory states, & keypad lock.
3) 5.5 Digit Multimeter: Measures VAC up to 750V, VDC up to 1,000V, resistance, amps (AC & DC), frequency, period & continuity, & diode test.
4) AC/DC Power Supply: Variable output 0-140VAC @ 7.2A, 0-280VAC @ 3.6A, 0-560VAC @ 1.8A/ 0-120VDC @ 7.2A, 0-240VDC @ 3.6A, 0-480VDC @ 1.8A. Equipped with volt meter. (20A output option available)
5) Tool Tester: Verifies the safety and performance of electrical equipment. Just plug in the tool, attach the ground clip and operate the push buttons 1-5. Tests 120V metal cased and double insulated tools and appliances drawing up to 20A. Features include 120VAC/ 20A output voltage, 3 Ohms @ 60V line to line short, 10mA AC @ 60V line to case short, 0.1-10mA leakage current test, +/-3% accuracy.
6) 5000V Megohmmeter: Digital/Analog Megohmmeter is a fully automated 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V & 5000V insulation tester. Large LCD with backlight. Test insulation on cables, transformers, motors, wiring installations & continuity checks. Displays test voltage and run time. Provides insulation measurements to 10 TΩ. Insulation test alarm. Rotary switch operation. Test results include IR, Timed IR, DAR, PI, DD, capacitance, voltage measurement. Test leads. (Memory optional)
7) Metered 240 VAC Outlet: 240 VAC, 20A NEMA L6-20-R receptacle panel mounted (Equipped with power analyzer)
8) Metered 120 VAC Outlet: 120 VAC, 20A GFCI receptacle panel mounted (Equipped with power analyzer)
9) 24 VDC Options: Continuity test, loop powered meter, fixed power supply, solenoid test
10) Digital Relay Timer: Designed to test protective relays by determining the reaction of the delay time of a relay in relation to a trip condition. NO/NC dry contact & 5 to 250V dc or ac inputs. Features include 40.00Hz to 500.0Hz measurement range, 0.001Hz resolution, +/- 0.002Hz accuracy, 00.000 to 99999 second measurement, 0000.0 to 9999.9 cycle measurement, 20.000 to 4000.0Hz frequency, & 5 to 250v DC or AC input. Includes test leads, alligator clips.
11) Solenoid Test Options: 24VDC, 120VAC, 120VDC, 240VAC. Multiple options are available for each electrical test bench.
12) 10A Micro-Ohmmeter: Digital Micro-ohmmeter measures from 250 mΩ to 2500.0Ω. Measures low resistance values in applications like railways, aircraft, resistance of components, cable manufacturers, induction of electric motors & generators, thick conductors, bonds & welding applications. Digital display with backlight. Features include automatic, automatic bidirectional, normal, inductive, continuous test modes. 0.1mA, 1mA, 10mA, 100mA, 1A & 10A test current selections. Test current accuracy ±10%. Voltmeter input impedance >200 kΩ. Maximum lead resistance at 10 A <100 mΩ. Test leads. (Memory optional)
13) High Current Test Set/Power Supply: High current, low voltage test set good for many purposes such as testing circuit breakers, motor overload relays, current transformers, heat runs, ground faults, etc. Continuous current of 250 amps with peak maximum output 750 amps through a breaker and 1000 amps into a short. Equipped with an LED 4 digit panel displays readout of current and time, easy keypad control, PIC microcontroller, precision A/D converter, sophisticated current sensing system, automatic over range detection, & four output taps. Readout for current in eight ranges from 5.000 A to 1000 A full scale. 4-digit timer displays in seconds or cycles mode, with a resolution of 0.001 second or 0.1 cycle. Features include +/- 0.5% current accuracy, +/- 0.005 sec timer accuracy, 0-3.5 volts at 200 amps, 0-130 volts at 5 amps, continuous output, & pulse output up to 5X.
14) RTD Simulator/Decade Box: Features include 50 ppm absolute accuracy, 1 mOhm resolution, 10 ohms to 1111.110 ohms, no “zero” resistance, & direct setting. Ideal for DIN PT-100, PT-100 ANSI, PT-50 and NI-120 systems.
15) Power Quality & Motor Analyzer: Motor analysis test tool for evaluating the electrical and mechanical performance of electric motors, and troubleshooting power quality. LCD display. Measures direct-on-line motor torque, RPM, mechanical power and motor efficiency. Plots motor derating factor against load according to NEMA/IEC guidelines. Calculate mechanical power and efficiency. Measures voltage, current, power, apparent power, power factor, harmonic distortion and unbalance. Identifies dips, swells, transients, harmonics and unbalance. PowerWave data technology captures fast RMS data, half-cycle averages and waveforms. Mechanical motor range 0.7 kW to 746 kW. Power 1 hp to 1000 hp. Torque 0 Nm to 10 000 Nm. RPM 0 – 3600 rpm, Voltage 1-1000V phase to neutral. Hertz 50/60. Phase angle, Flicker. Supports motor design types NEMA A, B, C, D & E and IEC type H and N. Includes Test lead set, (4) i430 Thin flexible current probes, PowerLog 430-II software. Combination WiFi/8GB SD card.
16) Vibration Tester: Vibration diagnostic unit features on-board identification and location of the most common mechanical faults (bearings, misalignment, unbalance, looseness) and focuses mechanical maintenance efforts on root cause. Quickly assess overall machine health directly from the diagnosis screen. Fault severity scale. Actionable recommendations. Detailed diagnostic reports and spectral diagrams. Provides analysis for: Motors, fans, blowers, belts and chain drives, gearboxes, couplings, centrifugal pumps, piston pumps, sliding vane pumps, propeller pumps, screw pumps, rotary thread/gear/lobe pumps, piston compressors, centrifugal compressors, screw compressors, closed coupled machines, spindles. Motor Rotational Speed Range 200 rpm to 12000 rpm. Diagnosis Details: Plain-text diagnosis, fault severity (slight, moderate, serious, extreme), repair details, cited peaks, spectra. Usable Bandwidth 2 Hz to 20 kHz. Digital Signal Processing Functions: Automatically configured anti-alias filter, high-pass filter, decimation, overlapping, windowing, FFT, and averaging. Sampling Rate 2.5 kHz to 50 kHz. Dynamic Range 128 dB. Signal To Noise Ratio 100 dB. FFT Resolution 800 lines. Spectral Windows: Hanning. Frequency Units: Hz, orders, cpm. Amplitude Units in/sec, mm/sec, VdB (US). Display: ¼ VGA, 320 × 240 Color (5.7 inch diagonal) TFT LCD with LED backlight. Input/Output connections: Triaxial sensor connection, 4 pin M12 connector, Single axis sensor connection, BNC connector, Tachometer connection, Mini DIN 6 pin connector, PC connection, Mini ‘B’ USB (2.0) connector. SD micro memory card, 2 GB internal + user accessible slot for additional storage. Accessories included: Viewer PC software, tri-axial TEDS accelerometer, accelerometer magnet mount, accelerometer mounting pad kit with adhesive, accelerometer quick-disconnect cable, laser tachometer and storage pouch, smart battery pack with cable and adapters, shoulder strap, adjustable hand strap, mini-USB to USB cable. Hand-held unit.
17) Motor Surge Tester & Winding Analyzer: Static Motor Analyzer automatically performs repeatable, user-programmable tests to thoroughly assess the strength of a motor’s insulation and circuit for motor repair, reliability and maintenance in industrial environments. A 12kV Output Motor Surge Tester & Winding Analyzer features fully automatic testing capabilities that include: surge, winding resistance, Megohm, PI, DA, continuous ramp DC step-voltage, and DC hipot tests. Intuitive, touch-screen user interface that offers computer control and waveform monitoring. Windows-based instrument that can be programmed to perform a specific set of tests on a given motor with attributes like tests and sequences, target test voltage, pass/fail criteria and motor nameplate information all saved for future use. Analysis data can also be saved to a server or PC database. Additional tests include a pulse-to-pulse EAR (error area ratio) calculation that is applied to compare waveform differences not easily detected by eye sensitive to <1% variance. Also performs armature tests & shunt fields tests. USB ports for data transfer and printing with Windows 7 plug-and-play printers. Wireless networking capability. RJ-45 ethernet port for wired local-area network connections. Power pack compatibility. IEEE- and IEC-compliant surge test. Surge test specs: Output 12K volts. Max output current 600A. Pulse energy 2.55 J. Storage capacitance 0.04 μF. Sweep range 2.5 to 200 μs/Div. Volts per division 250 / 500 / 1000 / 2000. Repetition rate 5Hz. Voltage measurement and accuracy ±12%. DC Hipot test specs: Output 12K volts. Max output current 5mA. Current resolution 0.1, 1, 10, 100 μA/Div. Overcurrent trip settings 1, 10, 100, 1000 μA. Voltage & current accuracy ±5%. MΩ accuracy ±10%. Max MΩ reading >50 GΩ. Resistance measurements 1 mΩ to 800 Ω. Accessories include: USB flash drive with software(Windows 10 compatable), test leads, keyboard with mouse. Optional accessories not included: Baker Power Pack, ZTX low-impedance test accessory, USB plug-and-play printer, USB wireless network adapter. (Other options available)
18) Function Generator: Features include 10 MHz sine & square waveforms, pulse, ramp, triangle, noise, & DC waveforms, AM, FM, & PWM modulation types, linear & logarithmic sweeps and burst operation, 10 mVpp to 10 Vpp amplitude range, graph mode for visual verification of signal settings, & USB, GPIB & LAN connections.
19) Digital Oscilloscope: Features include a 8.5″ display with 64 intensity levels, 800 x 480 resolution, 100 MHz bandwidth, 5 Gsa/s sample rate, 2 analog channels, 4 Mpts MegaZoom III deep memory, Vertical resolution: 8 bits, Modes: Main, zoom, roll, XY. Trigger modes, Trigger coupling, Search & navigate, update rate of 1,000,000 waveforms/sec. Counter. Arithmetic functions. FFT. Waveforms: Sine, square, ramp, pulse, DC, noise, sine cardinal (sinc), exponential rise, exponential fall, cardiac, Gaussian pulse, and arbitrary. Modulation: AM, FM, FSK. USB front port. 500 MHz passive probe (10:1 attenuation).
20) RF Frequency Counter: Features include a 10 digit display, one 350 MHz input channel, frequency, frequency ratio, period & voltage measuring. Built-in math analysis and color, graphical display (trend and histogram).
21) Adjustable Motor Cart: Secures motors for run testing to prevent flipping or movement. Adjustable locking rails and footing bolts allows mounting of various motor sizes. Adjustable motor base accommodates 50 different NEMA motor frame/plate sizes (56 – 400). Easy to use hydraulic foot lever lifts 2,200 lbs. Heavy duty steel construction. Height adjustable from 15” to 39”. Table measures approximately 47” L x 24” W. Portable ergonomic elevating carts minimize worker bending and lifting. Promotes safe work positioning and ergonomic handling. Heavy-duty cast iron polyurethane casters; 2 swivel casters and 2 fixed casters.
22) Custom electrical test bench options
NOTE: Items listed here are dependent on the options you choose for your electrical test bench.